Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Curtains

The year's drawing to a close, and it's about time I write my last post of the year. All in all, this wasn't half as bad a year for me as the previous one. The world as whole, though, will share a different story. The story will be well documented by the press, looking back at the year that's gone, so I won't go into it. All in all, I hope (against anything common sense will tell me) that tonight is curtains for loads of things in my life and for the world at large. Some of my cynical friends believe tomorrow's just a day like any other, and I believe they're right. What I don't believe though, is that not pretending like there's going to be someone new in our pajamas tomorrow morning is going to get us anywhere. Therefore, we might as well believe in anglicized humbug if it makes us lead fuller and happier lives. So have fun tonight, watch out for the thullaas, delete those old entries and prepare a list of things to do next year. On a personal note, I was just told that those buggers at Cafe Morrison are imposing couple entry tonight, and I determine that next New Years Eve, that will not be an issue! I don't know what course of action I might take up. As of now, it seems that taking up the cause of single people seems to be the easiest!
Hope there's more sense in the world next year, and we, at the very least can start killing the planet at a slower pace, stop recessing and establish atleast a semblance of peace with our neighbours.

Hippie New Year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i am all for you taking up the cause of single people..it'll augur well for some of us jo "zindagi bhar phukan banke rehne wale hai"!!!

Wanderer said...

haha...that coming from you Nikhil Patel?!! whats wrong with you?!

anne said...

amen!!
have a great new year!

Unknown said...

Should hardly be a surprise coming from me.. I may not be hip enough for a Cafe Morrison but the way our population is growing, we'll soon start hearing the dreaded "kappal Entry" at cricket matches and low budget restaurants/dhabas as well!