Thursday, January 28, 2010

Centurial Proceedings

I had a half written post lying around my drafts which I had intended to put up today, but that post will have to wait for a while to see the light of day. I did some simple addition and realized that what I'm putting up now is the 100th post on the blog. Every blogger, I believe, has the right to an occasional my-blog-is-so-awesome gloat. Anyone who is unfortunate or unemployed enough to read my blog should be prepared to bear this mind-numbing torture (if you're still reading it, you've probably become immune to it) about once every 100 posts. On the occasion of my 100th post, I also find it entirely appropriate to title this post with an invented word and blame it on artistic licence.

On to how awesome my blog is, then. I started off this blog along with a (now defunct) blog called Booze Diaries. Booze Diaries finds itself under ten feet of dust, not because blood alcohol levels have dipped. Quite the contrary, in fact. It owes its decline most, to a lack of memory about the previous night. On a more serious note, I have found it difficult to keep a thematic blog going. You can't risk yourself landing in the gutter every night just to keep a blog going, especially one that's probably read by about two people (one of whom is you yourself). This blog too, started off as "Travel Travails". In fact the first post on the blog was written under that banner. Soon enough I realized that unless I turn this blog into a day-to-day one, I'll find myself only writing about how answering nature's calls in places that I go for trips is so difficult. Soon after the switch to the current title I wrote "Perspective", which continues to remain one of my favourite posts. Therefore I believe we find ourselves in agreement, that the switch from "Travel Travails" to "Days in the Life Of..." was a move for the better.

It has taken nearly two years to reach the centurial (in your face, Firefox spell check!) mark. I feel happy when I say that the blog has now reached a decent level of regular readership, far away from the two-hits-a-day status. That obviously doesn't mean that I don't open my counter about fifteen times a day. Let's just blame that on the attention seeking nature of man. All said and done, writing is a fantastic creative outlet, and it feels good to know that people are reading stuff you write. That, especially when you know people are hardly listening when you talk (a lot of it that I'm told I do). As Manu once put it, "I find it admirable that you can treat your blog as a creative release. I'm a total sell-out. I write only so that I get all comments and the fan-mail!". Unfortunately, Manu has stopped selling out as often nowadays. I'm sure I'll continue to sell out and pretend like I'm getting creative release out of the blog for a while. There will be phases when inspiration (or inclination for that matter) to write will be hard to come by, but then there'll be days in the life of Siddharth Krishnamoorthy when he'll crack his fingers and get typing again (and then check his blog counter 20 times over the next three days), and come back to remind you why his blog is so awesome approximately once every 100 posts.

Here's thanking all my readers who keep me writing. May you continue to not have a life and find yourself getting tortured by my aimless rambling for a long time to come!

2 comments:

cataclasma said...

Congratulations! :-) I haven't read all of your 100 posts, but you know I've been reading. :-)

Wanderer said...

Thanks! :)

Honest admission: A lot of the 100 aren't worth reading! :P