Friday, November 13, 2009

To Do Before 30...

I recently realized that I work best when I make fairly concrete To-do lists on paper. That somehow seems to crystallize my plans for the day or the week better than trying to keep things in my head. What it probably also does is that it makes me obsessively want to scratch of things off that list, hence rendering me surprisingly more efficient.

I spent all of this morning reading random wikipedia articles which made me realize that there's so much to see and such little time. So while my immediate To-do list read of items such as "Buy Drainex", "Call the electrician to fix the geyser" or even "Write instructional paper for Taylor-Couette experiment", I decided to put down on my blog a list of things to do before I'm thirty. I have just over seven years to complete it, and if I find enough reason to continue writing on this blog till I'm 30, I shall return on the 5th of February 2017 (my 30th birthday) and evaluate how much of it I have been able to accomplish. Most of these plans are travel related, so don't come at me with bamboo sticks for it not being charitable enough.

So here goes- things I wish to do before I'm 30 years old:

  1. Go to Leh by road.
  2. Visit Jerusalem. (Courtesy G's reminder)
  3. Perform a Chadar Trek in Ladakh in winter.
  4. Skydive (preferably start in North Island New Zealand and end up on South Island).
  5. Bungee from the cable car platform near Queenstown.
  6. Go to Lhasa either by Tibetan rail or by road from Nepal.
  7. Do the "Circle Line Pub Crawl" in London and be able to walk in a straight line at the end of it.
  8. Learn a foreign language (preferably Spanish, which I had made a start on years ago).
  9. Pretend like I'm bald on purpose.

Notice how I don't have all the "get married, settle down" nonsense listed there. I'm hoping all that will take care of itself by then. Or else I'll furnish a new list on 5/2/17.

I see that I've already made a head-start, the outlook is good from where I see it!

6 comments:

Lithium said...

Total a ferrari :)

Wanderer said...

Yeah well I'm not on my way to become a CA am I?!

Ishani said...

You know my friends are yet to meet somebody more obsessed about their hair than me??????

Wanderer said...

Or the lack of it thereof :P

Ghazal said...

How come there isn't anything Jerusalem related?

Wanderer said...

OOOOH fuck I forgot! Thank you! That shall go up instantly...why I probably forgot was that it's not strictly before thirty